Rule Modifications 2021 - 2022
T O U R N A M E N T S
L E A G U E S
S C H O O L S
C L U B S
EYBA Fall/Winter U11 Highlights
- Four 9:00 Stop-Time Quarters I 3:00 minute intervals (Automatic Substitution)
NOTE: SUBSTITUTIONS ARE PERMITTED DURING THE FINAL 3:00 MINUTE INTERVAL.
- Foul Shots on Shooting Fouls I Foul Line = 12.09 feet (instead of 15 feet)
- 4 x 4 I Basket Height: 8.5 feet I Basketball Size = 5
- Ball can be inbounded to the Back Court
- Defense must cede the Half-Court
- Man-to-man coverage only
- Team may only double team in the key when a player is driving the basket
- Two-minute half-time; No break between quarters
- Zero Tolerance for Coaches Behaving Badly
EBA TEMPORARY RULE (Effective immediately until September 2022)
ONLY in the situation where BOTH TEAMS EACH ONLY HAVE 5 PLAYERS* and no subs or spectators are available to score keep then:
- The teams will play 4-on-4 with the 5th player from each team at the score table.
- If players show up after the start of the game, 4-on-4 will continued to be played for the remainder of that quarter
- If only 1 team gets additional players:
Option 1: continue playing 4-on-4 so each team is represented at the score table
Option 2: play 5-on-5 with the team with the sub(s) being responsible for the score table with priority to running the game clock, and filling out the score sheet.
*If a team does not have 5 players ready to play at tip-off the game will be considered a default.
Team names, division, court number, game date and time must be written on the top line of the game sheet (winning team’s responsibility).
Referees must confirm game information before signing the scoresheet.
All players must have their first and last names on the scoresheet before game time to be eligible to play.
Proper Uniforms –
EBA teams must wear proper uniforms. If a team wins a game while wearing improper uniforms, the penalty is “loss of the win, and no points for the game” in the standings. (No points in the standing are awarded). Referees must record “improper uniforms” on the game sheet, and state the players.
Proper Uniforms: “Same colour; 4-inch (10 cm) number on the front, 8-inch (20 cm) number on the back. The League allows one player to wear an improper uniform, but not more.” The requirements are in the EBA League Rules (Art. 18 §7).
No Ties –
All EBA games must have a winner.
Additional overtime periods of 5 minutes must be played if needed until one team wins.
Metro Edmonton Mask Requirements
Metro Edmonton protocols require all individuals on the bench to wear masks when not actively playing,
To enable full compliance with this protocol, referees are requested to give a little extra time for players to safely store their mask before entering the game. This will hopefully means players won't be throwing their masks on the ground as they run towards the table, and won't have an excuse for not wearing their masks on the bench.
Referees are not to police or address non-mask compliance -- just to facilitate the protocol by allowing a bit more time for subs. The additional time should be within reason, not enough to delay the game or cause a break in momentum.